One can turn most anything into a fritter, patty, latke-like thing. It rarely fails to:
- Taste good
- Use up whatever random bits of vegetables, herbs, cooked grains, etc. I have
- Turn vegetable skeptics into vegetable eaters if not lovers
- Serve as a one dish meal if time is short
- Is an excuse to eat Sriracha Mayo/Yogurt
- Serve as a good, portable snack
And I never deep fry them, because I’m frugal and don’t want to use that much oil and because it makes a mess and because I think they great just pan-fried in a bit of oil.
If your batter isn’t holding together well when you’re frying the patties, a little more flour and/or an (additional) egg, usually does the trick.